You are here
Home Storage heaters
Gaining compliance for storage heaters
From 1st January 2018, storage heaters must have an:
- Electronic heat charge control with room and/or outdoor temperature feedback or controlled by energy supplier
- Electronic room temperature control plus week timer
- Fan assisted output
Optional additional compliance features:
- Distance control option – remote interaction from outside the building in which the product is installed, e.g. use of an app to delay the heating from coming on when you will be home late to save energy.
- Adaptive start control – predicts and initiates the optimal start-up of heating in order to reach the set point temperature at the desired time. This means that the minimum amount of energy is used to get a room to temperature, rather than it being heated up too early because of poor user estimation (on at 6am to be warm by 7am etc.)
- Open window sensing – integrated into the product. The product shuts down when a window is open to save energy. This is done by monitoring output against temperature, and stopping if the heater is on but the temperature is not changing.
If you would like to check if a product is compliant, please use the efficiency calculator.